Your generous tax-deductible donations are the lifeblood of our organization. We thank you for your support! All donations and proceeds of OppShop and the Reuse and Recycle Program benefit our mission at Opportunity House. By donating items to OppShop you are diverting waste from landfills, which helps improve our local environment.
If you wish to donate an item that is not on this list, please call Cynthia Brown at 610-374-4696 ext. 221.
Items can be donated behind OppShop at our drop-off facility during our hours of operation (Monday-Saturday from 10-7 and Sundays from 11-6) or at any of our local donation bins.
Please note: All donations will be accepted at the discretion of staff. We have to pay to dispose of items that can't be reused or recycled, which takes away from our charitable mission.
* We are no longer accepting leftover items from yard sales, rummage sales, or church bazaars.
- Appliances (refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers and dishwashers)
- Arts and crafts items
- Bedding and linens
- Books and magazines
- CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes and working VCR's
- Computer equipment (except monitors)
- Dishes, glasses and cutlery
- Holiday decorations (including Halloween costumes)
- Household and office furniture
- Knick-knacks, baskets and other decorative items
- Most metal equipment (bikes, cans, old barbecues and lawn and garden equipment)
- Pianos and organs
- Pictures and picture frames
- Pots, pans and other kitchen equipment
- Purses and handbags
- Sports equipment
- Stuffed animals
Items We Can't Accept:
- Console TV's and Stereo's
- Doors, windows, blinds and other building supplies
- Fluorescent lights
- Infant/toddler furniture (cribs, playpens, car seats, high chairs, strollers, etc.)
- Monochrome computer monitors
- Office chairs with fewer than 5 wheels
- Shag carpets
- Tubs, toilets and sinks