Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
Providing housing assistance and supportive services to qualifying veteran families
The goal of the SSVF program is to provide housing stability to low income Veteran families. Working with the Veteran, The Supportive Services for Veteran family program uses the housing-first approach to house Veteran’s and their families.
By connecting Veterans to resources and services, the Supportive Services for Veteran Families helps prevent and reduce the episode of homelessness. Our case managers assist SSVF participants with accessing VA and other benefits, including:
Case management reduces barriers that keep a Veteran and his or her family from obtaining or remaining in housing. Resources may be available to help eligible Veterans’ and their families stay in or acquire, maintain and sustain permanent housing.
Supportive Services for Veteran Families Eligibility Includes:
- Veteran with a discharge other than dishonorable
- A single person or family in which the head of household, or the spouse of the head of household is a Veteran
- Very low income of less than 50% of the area median
- Currently homeless or at risk of being homeless.
- Timing out of transitional housing
Call to Schedule your Assessment:
(610)374-4696 ext. 293
North Second Street, Reading, PA 19601
In Schuylkill County:
315 N Centre Street, Pottsville, PA 17901
In Berks County:
430 North Second Street, Reading, PA 19601
In Lancaster County:
(610) 858-4749 or (717) 740-5077
128 E. Grant Street, Suite 103, Lancaster, PA 17602